Saturday, January 26, 2013

so. much. better.

I started another blog.  It'll be different - yeah!  I miss the old xanga days where I talked about everything under the sun.  I still want to process through the divorce here, but sometimes I have other things to say.  Shocking, I know. 

Honestly, I think this is progress for me.  Four years of my life has been about the divorce.  I'm so thankful for some of the things that I've learned.  And, I'm still learning.  The truth is, there are about 15 blog posts stored as drafts to this blog.  Things I'm wanting people to know but I'm not sure I'm ready to say outloud or if I ever should.  Like why I hate Bob Marley with a passion that is equally unreasonable and ridiculous.

But, life has gone on.  I remember Ricky telling me over and over, "your best days are ahead."  I didn't believe him.  Life was over because my marriage was over and I would be alone.  Life was over because every day I ached at the pain I couldn't heal in my kids' hearts.  Life was over because precious friendships were forever altered.

Well, so I'm going to be processing the whole single thing for a while, I think.  And even though every few months someone offers to set me up or pay for an eHarmony.com subscription :-), I suspect that God has more for me to learn right where I am.  My kids do struggle and groan as they deal with Jesus.  But Jesus loves them, far more than I am capable and he will not leave them alone.  He will pursue them.   And friendships need work and grace and go through transitions.  People get married, have babies (woo-hoo!) and life and love are redeemed and we adjust.  It's a beautiful thing.

Nothing is as it was, but much of it is so. much. better. 

I'll still write stuff here.  My understanding is that there are a few people I haven't met who actually read this.    This is humbling and encouraging.  I wish I had written more and that what I have to say wasn't so weird.  I really do want to help you if I can.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Bob Marley. Yay for the skip button :)

    I'm delighted to have 2 places to hear about your life!

    Love you friend.
    alisha

    ReplyDelete
  2. What kind of nosy, obnoxious friend would hound you about signing up for eHarmony? (*cough, cough*)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Geez, what did Bob Marley ever do to you?? :-)
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete