- been accepted into the OTA program
- diagnosed and fixed my upstairs air conditioner
- changed a headlight in a car
- fixed my ice maker
- kept the flowers I bought alive
- killed a big fat mama black widow and (hopefully) all her babies outside my garage door
- and lost 14 pounds
In the past 8 hours, I've...
- taken a psych exam
- broken my lawn mower
- burned my hand on the motor in the process
- been attacked by a flyaway weed-eater cord
- nearly choked on a chicken bone in the soup I made
- discovered that my bathroom scale needs to be recalibrated the wrong direction
- and had my yearly girly appointment - 4 years late, but whatever.
Ha! I think my winning streak is officially over! I'm going to bed. It's hardly past 10, but I have blood trickling down one shin and a welt and bruise on the other, a nasty blister on my hand, a splitting headache and red puffy eyes from a well-deserved, I-haven't-done-this-in-a-while-so-there's-lots-to-cry-about sobbing. nuclear. meltdown.
"Jesus loves me this I know, for the Bible tells me so." :-)